The investments we're making in technology are focused on better serving our clients
We are committed to investing in our service technology and process infrastructure to continually improve the experience we offer plan sponsors and employees. We're also boosting the scalability of our recordkeeping system through investments in cloud-computing capacity.
Learn more about Empower Retirement systems and technology.
Best-in class awards1
- Participant website
- Participant call center
- Sponsor website
- Plan reporting
- Plan analytics/benchmarking
Plan Service Center
The Plan Service Center (PSC) gives you an intuitive view into all the vital elements of your plans and allows you to quickly and easily manage them with single-click access.
- Easy access to retirement and healthcare savings balances, asset allocations, investment detail, and plan activity
- State-of-the-art user interface
- Plan management and transactional capabilities
- Quarterly site updates and enhancements
The PSC simplifies plan management and maintenance and allows you to see how specific segments of your plan are tracking toward an established goal.
Employees receive a personalized view of their projected monthly retirement income so they can quickly and easily see where they stand, how far they need to go and what potential steps they can take next.
- Translates savings into estimated monthly income
- Lets participants request immediate changes to their portfolios
- Allows account access anytime via any device
- Displays healthcare savings balances
Participants also have access to resources that encourage them to save more. As part of the Empower Retirement participant experience, employees can view their estimated healthcare costs and, if they participate in the Empower health savings account (Empower HSA), their healthcare savings. They can also make changes to their retirement savings and healthcare savings accounts in one place and see those changes put into effect immediately. Plus, participants can see how they compare with top savers and easily take action as needed to improve their saving strategies.
An innovative proprietary recordkeeping platform
- We specifically designed and built our own single-purpose system to handle both recordkeeping and trust processing, providing faster network speeds and resiliencies.
- Storage, servers and software along with a modern design make it easy for us to proactively address issues.
- We invest in our systems and security so they continually evolve to stay current related to new threats so we are prepared when adversity strikes.
- Our system redundancy allows us to move activity if one site becomes unavailable, creating a seamless experience.
- We are committed to delivering the security, speed, accuracy and reliability you need.
1 Based on best-in-class awards from PLANSPONSOR 2017 DC Survey, February 2018.
2 Based on participant website usage data for the period January 1, 2017, through January 31, 2017. Users are defined as participants who logged on to the website and moved the deferral rate slider at least once.
3 App Store® ratings and reviews as of June 11, 2018. iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch® and App Store are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Investments are not FDIC insured, are not guaranteed by Optum Bank® and may lose value.
Educational, communication and operational services regarding Empower HSA may be provided by registered representatives of GWFS. By electing Empower HSA, plan participants are contracting directly with Optum and its affiliates for this service. GWL&A, or its subsidiaries or affiliates, is not affiliated with Optum and is not responsible for their services.
Health savings accounts (HSAs) are individual accounts offered or administered by Optum Bank®, Member FDIC, and are subject to eligibility and restrictions, including but not limited to restrictions on distributions for qualified medical expenses set forth in section 213(d) of the Internal Revenue Code. State taxes may apply. Fees may reduce earnings on account. This communication is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please contact a competent legal or tax professional for personal advice on eligibility, tax treatment and restrictions. Federal and state laws and regulations are subject to change.
All Optum trademarks and logos are owned by Optum®. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered marks of their respective owners. Because we are continually improving our products and services, Optum reserves the right to change specifications without prior notice. Optum is an equal opportunity employer.