Staying strong: How government retirement plans are fighting ‘COVID fatigue’
Tired of COVID-19?
As the latest insight from Empower suggests, government retirement plans are doing their best to fight COVID fatigue, too.
Empower met virtually with different leaders, representatives and administrators from several valued partners to gain a better view into how they’re maintaining a positive work environment during the current pandemic. For most entities, it appears the right prescription for helping both their employees and members overcome today’s concerns is supplying them with a heavy dose of communication.
- From “budget cuts” to “unclear future” to “lack of contact with peers,” the definition of COVID fatigue varies.
- Employers are offering effective treatments to engage with employees and help them overcome COVID fatigue.
- Plan sponsors are relying on emails, newsletters and one-on-one meetings to connect with participants.
- While most agencies have added the CARES Act, members seem content on staying the course with their savings.
- Clients are leaning on Empower to help educate individuals during this uncertain time.
Latest Empower Institute Articles
Empowering America’s Financial Journey carefully analyzes the behavior of approximately 4 million active defined contribution participants.
Almost three-quarters (73%) of people of color say the concept of financial health needs a makeover.
Employees are clear that financial wellness is an important goal — one that they’d like to achieve.