Financial Markets Perspective and Relief Programs
The history of the financial markets can tell us one thing for certain: Volatility is a normal part of investing. We’re here to help you understand what that means and what you can do to stay on track for retirement. Explore the resources below to get started.
A few reminders:
- Consider staying invested instead of trying to time the market.
- Keeping portfolios diversified can help soften negative impacts.
- Before making investment changes, consider your risk tolerance and how long before you retire and need access to the funds.
Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against loss.
Market Volatility Resources
- Going Viral – The markets’ reaction to the coronavirus
- Game Plan For Managing Market Volatility
- Managing your investment portfolio during volatile times
- Be Patient, Be Brave
- Earthquakes and Aftershocks
- Empower Retirement CEO Edmund F. Murphy III joins CNBC’s ‘Power Lunch’
- The value of long-term investing in a volatile market English / Spanish
About Empower Retirement
Headquartered in metro Denver, Empower Retirement administers over $800 billion in assets for more than 12 million retirement plan participants.1,2 It is the nation’s second-largest retirement plan recordkeeper by total participants.3 Empower serves all segments of the employer-sponsored retirement plan market: government 457 plans; small, midsize and large corporate 401(k) clients; non-profit 403 (b) entities; private-label recordkeeping clients; and IRA customers. Personal Capital, a subsidiary of Empower Retirement, is an industry-leading hybrid wealth manager. For more information please visit empower-retirement.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
To learn more about how we’re empowering plan sponsors and their participants to be more engaged in their retirement plans than ever before, call us at 800-719-9914.
1 As of Sept. 30, 2020. Information refers to the business of Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company and its subsidiaries, including Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company of New York and GWFS Equities, Inc. GWLA’s consolidated total assets under administration (AUA) were $709.9B. AUA is a non-GAAP measure and does not reflect the financial stability or strength of a company. GWLA’s statutory assets total $54.8B and liabilities total $51.8B. GWLANY statutory assets total $1.69B and liabilities total $1.57B.
2 Estimated joint assets under administration of Empower Retirement and MassMutual.
3 Pensions & Investments 2020 Defined Contribution Survey Ranking as of April 2020.